Being back home for a few days now make me miss Southeast Asia even more. I didn’t get much in terms of souvenirs (had committed to a pack light mentality) but managed to get a few matte lipsticks from various Asian brands across Manila and Bangkok.
It was the perfect little takeaways from both cities… since they were going to end up in my makeup pouch anyways. Of course, a few additions to my already growing blkcosmetics collection, and some from Happy Skin. Today I ended up swatching a few of them and comparing them with lip products that were already in my collection.
Some swatches —
Most of these are matte, semi matte or velvet lipsticks… and was amazed at the quality. Honestly if hadn’t restrained myself at EVEANDBOY (their version of Sephora) during our seventy two hour stay in Bangkok… surely I would have run out of baht and put a dent on my bank account. Jokingly, my sister and my neice who were my traveling buddies kept teasing me that I kept purchasing lipsticks every time we happen upon a store.
- Sunniesface Fluffmatte in Baked — there wasn’t a Sunniesface shop in SM Mall of Asia, which was the closest mall adjacent to our hotel in Manila. Was planning to purchase more of their fluffmattes but couldn’t.
- blkcosmetics Universal All Day Lip in Caramel — been eyeing this line for a while now, ever since they launched it. This one is a nude brown with a slight pinkish hint. Got this at SM Department Store after wandering around and trying to avoid the relentless salesladies.
- Happy Skin My Lips But Better Ultra Matte Lippie in Limitless — this one was a purchase at Watsons in SM Mall of Asia, which was so crowded that I was literally swatching this as people squeezed next to me. I already had this in Authenticity but apparently this was their “active” version. This comes as a skinny almost lip pencil like packaging and quite a bit of the product broke off… which I sadly discovered while we were already in Bangkok.
- Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Matte Lippie in Honeymoon Glow — also bought at Watsons, in comparisons these are more of lip crayons which is what I love about their Shut Up & Kiss Me collection. Very moisturizing and a lovely vintage smokey rose nude. Slightly more pinkish than Skinny Dipping which I already had.
- Stylenanda 3CE Mood Recipe in 221 Mellowflower — my go to lipstick! We were at Emporium, one of the many massive high end malls in Bangkok… as we were going up what seemed like endless flights of escalators, I spotted their 3CE shop. Regrettably I didn’t have time to check it out and actually shop for more Mood Recipe lipsticks.
- Innisfree Real Fit Velvet in #12
- Innisfree Real Fit Matte in #1 — recent purchase at their Santa Anita branch since I didn’t grab one in Singapore nor Manila. These are more drying than their Velvet line and looks a bit pale on my lips.
- Nature Republic Real Matte Lipstick in #8 Brick Velvet — another recent purchase at Santa Anita Mall, mainly because I also did not pick one up in Manila. This is a gorgeous brick shade that is a perfect shade of red.
- BBia Last Lipstick in #12 Fantasy
- Beauty Cottage Elegant Impressionist Semi Matte Lipstick in #9 Byzantine — bought this in Siam Discovery, another high end shopping center in Bangkok after we found out that the EVEANDBOY across the street was under renovation. This semi matte in a muted red applies smoothly that I didn’t mind paying ฿ 460 (about $15). Plus, look at that cute packaging!
- You’re Mine by 4u2 in #9 — bets purchase ever! It was on sale at the EVEANDBOY inside Terminal21 (an airport themed mall with eight floors near Asok station). A very pretty rose pink for only ฿ 120 (less that four bucks).
- Malissa Kiss Velvet Matte Lipcolor in #6 Burgundy Dip — another EVEANDBOY purchase. I think it was a little bit more than ฿ 300 (about $9) and made me think of that dark bloody shade that is perfect for Halloween.
- Moonshot Cream Paint Lightfit Air in 503 Chilling Coral
- Srichand Everyday Matte Lipstick in 10:00 Workaholic — this was on quite a high shelf at EVEANDBOY and goodness a whole bunch of the other women shopping were crowding in front of their display. The packaging feels flimsy but the color payoff is surprisingly good. I wore this peach pink shade throughout the rest of our days in Bangkok.
So that was it, a little story behind some of the lipsticks that made it back home. I came back wishing I had actually purchase more in Bangkok because of their affordable prices and that should have made an effort to find Singaporean brands while I was there.